Do Water Softeners Make a Difference in Every Day life?
Water Softeners affect people physically by conditioning the water that is utilized to clean the body. Hair washed by softened water is more healthy, manageable, smoother, and fuller in bounce. Skin is conditioned by softened water with the harsh water elements removed in the softening cycle. Finger nails and toe nails are less brittle with softened water.
Water Softeners improve home components:
Water softeners affect faucets, and pipes of a home by remove the hard minerals that cause build up on the surface of these components. Faucets develop scale and green scale on the outer surfaces, and the shower doors and fiberglass tub units develop water spots all over them.
Most Homes Have Hard Water:
Here are some statistics which state 85% of homes in America depend on a hard water supply. Hard water contains excess minerals or metals, such as calcium and iron. It’s generally safe to use, but it can cause problems for cleaning purposes and appliance use because of the harshness of the metals. Water Softeners remove or dilute the mineral/metal concentrations in hard water.
Benefits of a Water Softener:
- Easier Cleaning of showers and tubs, including glass doors
- Harsh metals leave scum and deposits that are difficult to clean.
- Extended Appliance Life
- Minerals found in hard water build up on the inside of appliances, shortening their usable life and decrease overall efficiency.
- Faster Water Heating
- Hot water heaters can heat softened water more quickly than hard for the obvious reason of fewer deposits in the chemical composition of the molecule.
- Cleaner Plumbing System
- Hard water leaves scaly deposits in plumbing fixtures and pipes, which build up over time causing clogs and corrosion. Have you noticed green deposit build up on your shower-head?
- Better conditioning for Hair & Skin
- Skin is more conditioned with the sodium ion where harsh metals cause drying at the cellular level.
- Better lathering for soap and washing
- Soap and shampoo lather up faster and rinse out cleaner with the silkiness of the conditioned water.
- Use less detergent and soap.
Get a Free Estimate for a Water Softener Today!
Having softened water is definitely an overall benefit for a household, and in the long run will save you money with longer lasting appliances and plumbing systems. If you are interested in getting a free estimate for a new water softener in your home, call Carter’s My Plumber today at 317-859-9999, and start making a difference in your home and life today!