Looking to Replace or Remodel your Bathroom Shower?
Get affordable pricing, customized shower design and top rated bathroom shower units and fixtures from the Indianapolis Shower and Bathroom Remodel Experts for over 37 years…
Bathroom shower that is outdated can be unpleasant for you and your family or even an
eyesore to your homes overall appearance and feel. Let us customize a shower replacement or remodel to fit your budget and be customized to specifications in your home.
Carter’s My Plumber is Bathroom Remodel and Shower Replacement Company that has been replacing bathroom shower units, and remodeling bathrooms throughout Indianapolis and Greenwood for over 37 years.
We’ve included some detailed information of some of the various shower replacements we’ve installed for hundreds of customers over the past 4 decades:
The Carter plumber was very professional – suggested additional back-up, gave estimates and did the job quickly well.
Get a FREE in Home Estimate
Get a No Obligation Estimate prepared at your home by one of our Expert Shower Solution Designers. We pride ourselves in fair, straight forward pricing with no surprises and no pressure.
The shower is one of the first items noticed in a bathroom. It’s important to make sure the shower enclosure not only matches the homeowner’s style, but accentuates the bathroom. There are several options with which to surround the shower:
- Frameless shower enclosure. This is a very popular option because of its flexibility; a frameless glass enclosure lends itself to any style, whether it’s a sleek design which appeals to modern tastes, or a simple one with an elegant and classic look.
- Aluminum and lass shower enclosure. This shower surround has flair. It is created with glass panelsset into an aluminum frame, and this type of shower enclosure mimics the look of the tile in the back of the shower. A dark metal combined with clear glass will give an enclosure that eclectic feel.
- Glass Block enclosure. Eliminate the need for a door with a glass block enclosure. Glass block surrounds are versatile, and there are textured patterns on the blocks themselves. They have strong vertical lines and give a bathroom the clean, fresh look.
- Sliding enclosure. Sliding glass doors are a very practical space-saving option that’s also stylish. Sliding doorscan be customized to fit any style and space, and are a great way to show off a shower and still have room for other bathroom fixtures.
- Tub enclosure. Having a tub doesn’t require being stuck with a shower curtain. Tempered hinged glass can give a tub the best of both worlds: the ability to reach the fixtures and the ability to keep water in the shower.
- Textured glass enclosure. Textured glass provides privacy without the frosted look. The beautiful textures areenhanced with water running down the glass and create a spa-like feeling. Textured glass offers a see-through effect while masking specific details, making the bathroom seem larger.
- More than one entrance. Having more than one way to get in and out of the shower is not only practical, but creates several design options and can give a bathroom a his-and-hers feel. It also will give you more space in the shower.
- No shower enclosure. Some bathroom layouts don’t require a shower enclosure. The open shower with a tiled wall separating it from the other bathroom fixtures makes an easily accessible.
- Framed enclosure. Framed enclosures are a popular option because they are a low-cost and a solution for the age-old problem of how to keep water in the shower. And, just because the shower is framed doesn’t mean it can’t be stylish. Instead of polished brass, a chrome finish provides a classic or modern look.
- Tile and glass enclosure. A frameless glass door combined with tiled walls gives a bathroom an open look and feel. A tile surround with frameless glass windows will make the shower feel bigger on the inside along with allowing plenty of light in.
It pays to have an expertly remodeled bathroom which will provide years of pleasure and comfort. Because a bathroom is a limited, and tricky space, with lots of moving parts crammed into a tight footprint, not to mention the volumes of water ready to exploit any and all leaks, it can become an amateur job nightmare. Setting a budget and planning ahead are two ways to keep your project on track, along with installing quality products.
Here is a list of 7 good ideas when considering a bathroom/shower remodel:
Budget for the least expected
Leaking shower pans or running toilets can cause water damage that is unseen. It is a common problem in bathrooms, and something homeowners don’t expect until the old tub or shower is taken away. The repair is necessary to be completed prior to installing a new tub or shower unit.
Conceal the toilet
A stylish master bath can have functionality and be discreet. Hiding the toilet in a separate room is for privacy, and doesn’t make it so exposed.
Choose the right surfaces
Surfaces matter in a bathroom. They are exposed to so much wear and tear that its important to have durability. The blow-dryer, curling iron, cans dropping, dogs in the shower, and many more items need a hardy surface.
The shower is an important investment
On average people take at least one 10-15 minute shower every day. It’s an experience, and it’s important to plan for the proper space and size of the shower. Cutting corners to save money is not the best decision for the shower. It’s a long-term investment that will not only improve the value of a home, but the whole bathing experience.
Water efficiency should be calculated
If you have an older home built before 2006 than you may have faucets, toilets, and showerheads that aren’t low-flow classified. It is a wise investment to change old products out in order to meet the federal standards. The EPA WaterSense program regulates that products be at leasst 20 percent more efficient. This saves a ton of water, and cuts down extra cost on utilities in the long run.
Have you ever wondered where you put something because your vanity top is too crowded? Considering that grooming is a daily task, it’s important to have plenty of space on the top. Plan for extra space in order to maintain organization, and have a nice look.
Ventilation and light prevents moisture
Bathrooms are often humid places and moisture is released into the air by something as simple as taking a shower. As the moisture mixes with the air as water vapor, it will eventully make contact with a cold surface, forming droplets on things like mirror, windows and wood. Over time the condensation can become a big problem with regard to mold build up.
It’s important to take the necessary steps to have the proper ventillation, and lighting in a bathroom. The lighting not only helps you to see better while grooming, but it can help you recognize moisture build up.
Shower pan conversion
Building a custom shower pan can incrase the value of your home and offers a unique look. It integrates the shower base to your bathroom floor. Shower pans are the base of a shower, so an important feature to take into consideration.
Shower benches or storage space
Shower benches are ideal for the aging population to be able to sit down while bathing. Or, they are ideal for shaving and other personal grooming options. They will hold extra grooming items as well.
Converting a tub to a shower offers the ability to add spa features!
Option 1. An eight inch ceiling rain shower head in the center of the shower offers a dramatic effect. This type of shower head can be a stand alone or combined with an additional standard shower head. It’s nice to have options.
Option 2. Body sprays give a special theraputic sensation. Body jets are designed to massage tired muscle groups while delivering the washing effect for an extra clean torso.
Redoing a bathroom is no small feat – it takes special planning, and skilled craftmanship. That’s why it’s important to choose the right contractor. Make sure they are licensed, and insured. Discuss your optionis and get a quote on paper before the work begins. Once the work starts, it’s important to communicate with your contractor to ensure the project goes smoothly and to your satisfaction.
Carter’s My Plumber is focused on working with our customers to ensure 100% satisfaction and the best results. We know how important a new shower or bathtub is for a homeowner, and we take every measure to make the job go smoothly. We generally install units in one day and we always make sure there is no mess. We want it to be a great experience for homeowners!
Why Do People Recommend Us? Here are just a few reasons people call us for all shower remodeling projects:
Free Estimates and ideas
We want to give you the best price possible, so it’s important for us to set an appointment to meet you. We offer accurate and complete estimates that are given with no hassles, and no surprises. We know this is a big investment, and we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with all options before you make a final decision.
Customized Bathroom Shower Installations
Your bathroom shower should be exactly how you want it in order to enjoy the experience. We have highly qualified, and licensed plumbing designers and product experts who come out and personally meet with you to determine exactly what you want and need.
Pro’s at Shower Installations
It’s critical for a shower unit to be installed 100% correctly so there are no leaks, no loose parts, level floors, and proper mechanical function. Our licensed plumbers will be your installers to make sure every single water line, drain and shower accessory is expertly installed. This guarantees to provide years of enjoyment with your new shower unit and no worry about a breakdown.
Your 100% Happiness Guarantee
Mediocre work didn’t keep us in business for over 40 years – it’s that exceptional quality and attention to detail. We are a locally owned, 3rd generation family business and it’s our goal to delight customers just like you from the moment you call until your job is completely finished to your satisfaction. Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority, and that’s a family promise.
Still Have Questions? Call Us Now To Discuss your Shower Replacement or Remodel Project: