Let me ask you if this is the life you live: You are standing in the shower listening to your favorite Pandora station and the water is the most perfect, warm temperature. But then, all of the sudden….the water changes to a downpour of Antarctic temperatures! You scream for help! But no one is there to save you from the icicles coming out of your shower head. Sadly, you have noticed that this is starting to become too much of a trend lately, and you ask yourself, “Why Do I Run Out of Hot Water So Fast?”
Well, there are some factors that can lead to you running out of hot water in just a short days’ time. Here is a list of possible reasons for the problem.
Sediment Buildup Causes a Lack of Hot Water:
- When you run out of hot water it could be because sediment buildup. Sediment is the buildup from minerals in your water. Since the sediment is heavier than the water in your tank, the sediment then builds up at the bottom of your tank. Causing, there to be less room to store hot water.
- DON’T FRET! The sediment can be easily flushed from your tank and work the way it used to. Call Carters My Plumber to fix the problem! J
Broken Water Heater Thermostat:
- When you run out of hot water check your thermostat. Just like you set the temperature of your home by the thermostat on the wall. Water heaters have them as well! You can check and reset the thermostat and even higher the temperature of your water to see if that helps. But, if both of these remedies do not work. You may want to call a licensed plumber out to your residence.
The Water Heater is Just too Old:
- Water heaters can just get to the point of retirement as they age. Experts say that the expected lifespan of water heaters are about 8-12 years! So, you may consider a new one if the time is getting closer.
The Water Heater is too Small for your Home:
- Maybe when you built/bought your house you only had you and your spouse living there. But now, you have three children! Water heaters come in different sizes that hold up to 40-60 gallons of water. So, if you have a 40-gallon water heater with a total of five people living in the house. You maybe just simply running out of hot water.
- Water heaters can cost up to $500 to $1,000 to install.
Water Heater Dip Tube is Broken:
- The dip tube takes the incoming cold water to the bottom of the tank so it can be heated. If the dip tube is not working properly, the cold water can linger into to the heated water. Which can lower the temperature of your already
Call a Professional
If you are having issues with your water heater. Give Carter’s My Plumber a call, we are committed to meeting the needs of your customers. We are knowledgeable, friendly, and will always give you a price before any work begins. Don’t hesitate to give us a call today @ 317-859-9999 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to send a licensed professional. We are here for you and hope you will entrust us with your plumbing needs!