Sump Pump Repair & Installation in Indianapolis
Expert Sump Pump Repair & Installation Services in Indianapolis
The last thing any homeowner wants to deal with is a flooded basement. Unfortunately, basement flooding can happen to any of us, whether due to extreme rainfall or even to household plumbing failures. The good news is that, with the installation and maintenance of a sump pump, homeowners can gain an extra layer of protection against flooding.
With a sump pump, you can significantly minimize your risk of major water damage and the costly repairs that come with it. For sump pump installations or sump pump repair in Indianapolis, trust the experienced plumbing team at Carter’s My Plumber.
View now to learn about our Sump Pump services
$49 Each / Pick Two for $75 / Get all Three for $99
- Water Heater Sediment Flush
- Water Softener Resin Cleaning
- Sump Pump Stress test
What is a Sump Pump?
Basically, a sump pump is meant to remove water from your basement, and ultimately to get it out of the home. Sump pumps begin with pits, known as sump pits, which are carved into the floor of your basement. Sump pits are also known as basins, and they help to accumulate water. The pump itself is installed into the basin, where a series of valves detect escalating water levels. The sump pump will then channel water out of your home, automatically, using a designated discharge line.
Most of the time, sump pumps are designed to channel water into a nearby pond, lake, or community drainage area.
Why Do Sump Pumps Fail?
A sump pump can provide you with some much-needed peace of mind that your basement is protected from flooding. However, it’s important to keep in mind that sump pumps can eventually fail, requiring either repair or replacement.
There are a number of reasons why sump pumps fail. Poor installation is one factor, which is why it’s always important to choose a professional plumber over a DIY job. Additionally, sump pumps may fail simply because they are old. As with all plumbing appliances, sump pumps are not built to last forever. Most last between seven and 10 years.
There are also mechanical issues that may compromise the performance of your sump pump. For example, a sump pump has switches that can get stuck in the on or off position. Continuous cycling can also be problematic. These issues can often be diagnosed and corrected by a plumbing company, like Carter’s My Plumber.
Should I Have My Sump Pump Repaired or Replaced?
Homeowners often wonder whether it makes more sense to have their sump pump repaired, or simply to get a new one.
That’s hard to answer, as it all depends on the specific issues you’re having. Often, minor problems with switches and vales can be repaired, which will be less costly than buying a whole new unit. With that said, if your unit is already a decade old or more, it might make more sense to simply get a new, cutting-edge unit. A licensed plumber can provide further guidance.
How Can I Extend the Lifespan of My Sump Pump?
To prolong your need for repair or replacement, a little basic sump pump maintenance can go a long way. Here are a few tips from the team at Carter’s My Plumber:
Check and test your pump each spring before the rainy season begins. Also check the pump before you leave your house for a long time, e.g., vacation. To test, pour water into the pit to trigger the pump to operate.
Remove and thoroughly clean the pump at least once annually. Disconnect the pump from the power source before you handle or clean it.
- Routinely check the pit to ensure it is free and clear of debris. Most pumps have a screen that covers the water intake, and it’s important that you keep this screen clear.
What Kind of Sump Pump Do I Need?
- If you do have a sump pump that needs to be replaced, you’ll need to make some crucial decisions about the type of sump pump you want. There are a number of options to choose from, including the submersible sump pump and pedestal sump pump. Battery backup sump pumps are also available, and can provide extra protection in the event of a power outage. A qualified plumber can help you determine what type of unit, or backup sump pump, you need.
Additionally, your plumber can advise you on different types of switches, including the pressure switch, float switch, diaphragm switch, and more. Make sure you ask about the specs needed to ensure an optimal sump performance.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Areas of service
Why Choose Carter’s My Plumber for Your Sump Pump Needs?
- Carter’s My Plumber is a trusted plumbing company in Indianapolis. We’ve been serving local homeowners for decades, and are well-regarded for our sump pump expertise.
A few reasons to choose Carter’s My Plumber for your sump pump installation and repair needs:
- We are a family-owned and operated business with deep roots in the Indianapolis community.
- We are known for always providing up-front pricing, without any surprise fees or hidden costs.
- We are certified and licensed plumbers with a wide range of experience.
- We are available 24/7, so you can always contact us with any emergency sump pump needs.
A good sump pump can help protect your home from worst-case-scenarios, including basement flooding. It’s crucial to maintain your pump, and to handle repair or replacement needs as soon as they arise. The best way to do that is by contacting a skilled plumber in the Indianapolis community. To schedule a service call with Carter’s My Plumber, reach out to us at any time.
Carter’s came out and replaced the sump pump in my basement. They were on time, polite, and very professional. The work, replacing both the sump pump and its battery backup, was completed quickly and efficiently at a reasonable cost.
This is the second time I’ve use Carter’s, and have been very pleased on both occasions.
Schedule Your Appointment Now