Gas Line Repair Indianapolis
Gas Line Repair in Indianapolis Area
Across Indianapolis, a majority of homeowners have appliances that are powered with natural gas. If you’re in that group, then it means there are natural gas lines running through your home, providing the fuel necessary for these appliances to function.
While natural gas offers many conveniences, it’s not without its dangers. Homeowners should always handle their natural gas appliances with care, and be alert to any signs of a leak or a malfunctioning gas line. Gas leaks can jeopardize the safety of your family, and if you suspect you have a leak, it’s important to seek gas line repair.
Carter’s My Plumber is proud to offer gas line repair in Indianapolis. On this page, we’ll provide you with all the information you need about our services.
What Should You Do if You Suspect a Gas Leak?
Gas leaks are nothing to play around with. If you have a gas leak, we highly recommend calling 911 immediately. Or, call your Indianapolis gas provider and ask them to shut off your gas right away. Only after you’ve taken these safety precautions should you consider calling a gas line repair company, like Carter’s My Plumber. Always make safety your first priority.
Why is a Gas Leak So Dangerous?
Why are leaky gas lines so dangerous?
The short answer is that natural gas is highly flammable. So, if someone lights a match, turns on the oven, or ignites even the smallest spark, it could cause an explosion. And the more your home fills with this flammable gas, the greater the danger is.
How Can You Tell There’s a Leak in the Gas Line?
The best way to detect a gas leak is just to follow your nose. You probably have some sense of what gas smells like, but if you don’t, many people liken it to the smell of rotten eggs, or perhaps a skunk. If you notice this odor filling your home, it may mean your gas lines have a leak. It’s urgent that you call for a gas line repair service.
What Causes Gas Lines to Leak?
There are a couple of primary reasons why you may need to call gas line repair services.
The first reason is that there may be damage to the pipe itself. This is most likely to happen because the line is struck by someone with a shovel, or by some kind of construction equipment. In other words, if you haven’t had any digging or construction on your property recently, this is unlikely.
Another potential cause of a leak in your gas line: Loose fittings. If the line isn’t properly connected to your appliances, it may result in gas spilling out into the air.
About Our Service in Indianapolis
Carter’s My Plumber is proud to service homeowners and business owners in Indianapolis and the surrounding areas. A few ways in which we can help include:
- Our gas leak detection service. Before a repair can be made, the leak must be identified. Our team members are highly trained to determine the source of the leak expediently, then to recommend an emergency repair service as needed.
- Our gas line repair service. We’ve provided countless Indianapolis homeowners with gas line repair services. We’ll ensure your heating cooling services are hooked up promptly and carefully. We can also ensure that all appliances are properly connected.
- Our new gas line installation service. For homeowners wishing to connect their home to natural gas, we’re happy to offer gas line installation. This can be a big job, but our team members have the expertise and the equipment to handle it promptly and professionally. We have provided line installation to countless homeowners in the area.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Areas of service
About Carter’s My Plumber
Carter’s My Plumber is a family business, with deep roots in the Indianapolis area. There are several reasons why local homeowners choose us for their heating cooling and gas line installation needs:
- We focus on pricing transparency. Before we start the job, we’ll send out a licensed plumber to give you a full, upfront price.
- Our plumbers have more than 100 years of plumbing experience between them. For us, this isn’t a job; it’s a legacy.
- We are well-known and highly respected in Indianapolis, Greenwood, and the surrounding areas. We’ve been a full service plumbing company for more than three decades.
- We provide our clients with everything they need to ensure proper plumbing and heating cooling systems: A septic service, a drain cleaning service, a fixture installation service, and more.
We’re proud to offer gas leak repair throughout Indianapolis and the area surrounding it. If you need us to service your gas lines, call us at any time.
I called Carter’s in a panic because our home had a gas leak. Jody in the office went above and beyond to answer any questions I had. Brad was my technician and was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would recommend their services to anyone.