Carter’s My Plumber provides well repair service. 500,000 Indiana residents have a water source from a private underground well. If your water comes from a private source then it’s your responsibility for it’s safety. Most water wells are expertly engineered and designed to delivering groundwater for drinking, irrigation, and other purposes. We provide expert technicians who know how to diagnose and repair wells. We provide the necessary equipment such as pumps and well tanks. We spend hour of training to ensure that our Licensed Plumbers know how to properly make repairs on wells and ensure safe drinking water.
Checklist to ensure a well is operating properly:
1. Well Depth: Tie a weight on a tape and measure it.
2. Well Yield: Know how many gallons per minute the well tests at by measuring the distance the water level drops and how fast the level recovers.
3. Well Cap: The well cap should be secure and at least 6 inches above ground level.
4. Disinfection: The well should be properly disinfected.
5. Well Construction Record: It’s imperative to maintain a copy of the well records, not only for the current homeowner, but for a future homeowner.
Annual Well Check Up is a critical Safety Measure:
1. A flow test will determine the well system’s output. The pump motor performance and the pressure tank and pressure switch contact will be tested.
2. An inspection of the well equipment will assure the well sanitary meets local code requirements.
3. A test of your water is performed for coliform bacteria, nitrates and anything else of local concern. Other additional tests for iron, manganese, water hardness, sulfides and other water constituents that can cause harm to your homes plumbing, cause staining and order, will be performed.
4. A concise written report will be delivered to you to maintain with your well maintenance records.
Other Safety Precautions for Well Water:
1. Keep hazardous chemicals, such as paint, fertilizer, pesticides, and motor oil at lest 50 feet away from your well.
2. Check the well cover and well cap on top of the casing periodically to ensure it is tightly sealed.
3. Get your water tested anytime you notice a change in the color, smell or taste.
Get Plumbing Service Today
We can’t imagine going without water, and we’ll do everything possible to meet your schedule and in most cases we can provide plumbing service the same day. Please fill out the form to schedule an appointment or call our office at 317-859-9999.
Plumbing Runs in the Family!
We are a 3rd generation Plumbing Company in Greenwood, Indiana. We provide plumbing service Indianapolis, Greenwood, Bargersville, Trafalgar, Whiteland, Mooresville, Camby, Beech Grove, Franklin, Franklin Central, and Southport Areas. Our plumbers are licensed, trained, and insured. We will give you a price before any work begins to ensure you are satisfied with the plumbing service you receive. We want you to smile after you call Carter’s My Plumber! 🙂