Drain Cleaning Greenwood IN
Your Drain Cleaners in Greenwood Indiana
For homeowners, few things are more frustrating than slow drains. Whether it’s a sink that’s slow to empty or water pooling around your ankles in the shower, backed-up drains can be more than a little inconvenient. And, slow drains are really just precursors to complete clogs. The bottom line: When you have a clogged drain, it’s critical to get the issue addressed ASAP. And when a plunger or drain snake won’t cut it, Carter’s My Plumber offers professional drain cleaning services.
Since the 1960s, Carter’s My Plumber has extended reliable drain cleaning services to homeowners throughout the Greenwood area. We invite you to learn more about our approach to clogged drains, and to discover the factors that make Carter’s My Plumber so trustworthy.
View now to learn about our Drain Cleaning services
$49 Each / Pick Two for $75 / Get all Three for $99
- Water Heater Sediment Flush
- Water Softener Resin Cleaning
- Sump Pump Stress test
What is Drain Cleaning?
Simply put, drain cleaning services are all about clearing out any debris or build-up that has backed up your pipes or caused your drains to slow. Our experts can remove any foreign materials from inside your kitchen or bathroom sink drain, as well as your shower or any other part of your home plumbing system. We can get your pipes working like they are as good as new, without doing any damage to your pipes or to the sewer line.
How Does Drain Cleaning Work?
There are a number of tools that our plumbers use to clear up clogged drains, including bathroom sink drains and beyond. In some instances, we may use a professional-grade drain snake, or even a rooter. Hydro jetting is used for tougher, more stubborn clogs.
The snake, also known as an auger, is a long tool that can reach down into the pipes to where the clog is located. The snake rotates, which breaks up the clog and releases stuck materials. Any remaining materials or debris can be pulled out of the drain, or safely flushed away.
For more extreme clogs, and specifically for those that are closer to the main line, Carter’s My Plumber may recommend a rooter. This powerful equipment can bust through soil, tree roots, and other strong materials that may have invaded your pipes and contributed to the clog.
Our team is also pleased to also supply drain jetting services, which are especially useful for extremely difficult blockages, including grease build-up inside your pipe walls or plumbing fixtures. These blockages can be very difficult to remove, and the only way to address the problem is by hiring a skilled, experienced, and licensed plumber.
Our jetting services will help remove any unwanted debris that is difficult to remove with a standard drain cleaning machine or drain snake. We can even provide jetting services for your home downspouts! This process removes leaves and debris for a more efficient flow from your home’s gutter system to the exterior perimeter drains.
Sewer Line Services
Our Greenwood Indiana plumbers are trained to look for blockages in the sewer line, too. These deeper, more complex clogs can cause problems throughout your plumbing system, but we have the skill and technology to address sewer line clogs at the source. Our sewer line cleaning services are available on an emergency basis, so don’t hesitate to call us for quick and long-lasting results.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Sooner or later, every homeowner has to deal with a clogged drain. This may be in the bathroom sink drain, in the shower, in the kitchen, or elsewhere.
There are a number of factors that can contribute to clogged drains. Some of the most common culprits include:
- Hair. Hair is a big contributor to clogged drains, as it can bind with sticky substances such as grease or soap to form really stubborn clogs.
- Soap. Most store-bought soaps are made with some kind of grease and fat, which can leave a thick residue on the inside of your pipes.
- Dirt. Any time you wash dirt off your hands, face, or clothes, that dirt tumbles down the drain, where it can become caked onto the interior of the pipes.
- Food waste. For kitchen sink or garbage disposal clogs, food waste is a very common factor.
- Mineral buildup. Mineral content from your tap water can form a build-up inside the pipes. Installing a water softener is the best way to prevent this from happening.
- Toilet paper. Using too much toilet paper can lead to a build-up in your pipes, which can eventually cause the development of a clogged drain.
- Tree roots. For the sewer or main line, tree roots can contribute to clogs, requiring the use of a rooter.
What are the Signs That You Have a Clogged Drain?
It is usually pretty easy to tell when you need drain cleaning services from a company like Carter’s My Plumber. Note that, the sooner you act on your clogged drain, the easier it is to address the problem, without risking further damage to your home plumbing system.
Some of the most common indicators of a clogged drain include:
- You hear a gurgling or bubbling sound emanating from your drain (whether it’s in use or not).
- You notice water backing up when you use other plumbing fixtures (for instance, you flush the toilet and notice water backing up into the sink).
- You smell sewage in your home.
- You notice pools of water on your lawn, suggesting a potential issue with the main line.
And of course, the most notable sign of all is simply that you have drains that work extremely slowly.
What About DIY Drain Cleaning?
For very simple or minor clogs, you may be able to address the issue on your own, without needing to enlist a licensed plumber. However, it is crucial that you use methods that are safe and that will not compromise the integrity of your pipes or of your home plumbing system.
Some tips and warnings to keep in mind:
- Avoid pouring any store-bought drain cleaning chemicals down into your pipes. These chemicals can be effective but they are also extremely abrasive, which means they can actually degrade your pipes and cause more serious issues.
- Hot water can sometimes be useful for unclogging drains, especially clogged toilets. Vinegar and baking soda can also be used, especially for kitchen or bathroom sinks.
- You can also try using a plunger or a store-bought snake, but only if you feel comfortable using them.
If these remedies prove ineffective, or if you are not comfortable trying them on your own, that’s when you know it’s time to enlist professional drain cleaning services.
Schedule Your Appointment Now
Areas of service
Choose Carter’s My Plumber for Your Drain Cleaning Needs
Carter’s My Plumber is pleased to be one of the most trusted plumbing authorities in the Greenwood, Indiana community. We invite you to call us the next time you require drain cleaning services.
Why Choose Carter’s My Plumber for Greenwood Drain Cleaning?
Carter’s My Plumber is a family-owned business. Currently, we have multiple generations of the Carter family furnishing plumbing services for homeowners across the region. Additionally, we have deep roots in the Greenwood community. Carter’s My Plumber has been a locally-operated business since the 1960s, and in that time we have developed a strong reputation for service, affordability, and quality craftsmanship. We are a local authority in cleaning drains and unclogging plumbing pipes.
Additional Reasons to Hire Carter’s My Plumber
Some additional reasons to choose us for your drain cleaning needs:
- Our plumbers are fully licensed. We are proud to uphold the industry’s standards for professionalism and for ethics. If you have any questions about our licensing, bonding, or insurance status don’t hesitate to contact us directly.
- We provide timely service and rapid response times. We know how unpleasant it can be to have a slow-moving drain. Our plumbers are ready to help you any time. In fact, we offer a 24/7 emergency line, which we welcome you to call for any after-hours or holiday drain cleaning needs.
- We give transparent pricing information. Nobody wants to be hit with surprise costs and hidden fees, least of all for something like a drain cleaning. We are committed to offering our customers up-front information about our services.
- We ensure the best quality of work. Our goal is always to ensure that we deliver long-lasting results. We do a thorough job cleaning your drains and pipes, verifying that they will remain clean and clear for a long time to come.
How Much Does Drain Cleaning Cost?
Whether you’re dealing with a clogged toilet or an issue with your plumbing vent pipe, it’s natural to wonder how much it’s going to cost to fix the problem.
The short answer: It all depends on the complexity and severity of the problem, and of the techniques required for us to get your drains unclogged. We are happy to give a personalized estimate based on an assessment of your plumbing systems. We always provide up-front pricing information, ensuring you are not caught off guard by hidden fees or costs. Reach out to our team to learn more.
Carter’s cleared a clogged bathroom sink drain that I was having trouble fixing myself. They were very professional and discussed all the potential options to fix the issue. They fixed the drain quickly and left no mess when they were finished.
HIRE A GREENWOOD DRAIN CLEANING SERVICE
Clogged drains are a major pain. We’re here to offer an easy, cost-effective solution. To hire one of our trusted, licensed plumbers, contact Carter’s My Plumber at any time. We’d love to tell you more about what makes us the best drain clearing service in the area. Please feel the contact form below or give us a call at (317) 859-9999