Oh no! You dropped your beautiful wedding ring down the drain and the shiny rock disappeared in the overflow of bubbles coming out of your sink. You panic and dive into your sink and then it hits you. Your ring went down the drain and is floating down blinging next to the rats in the sewer. But, I am here to tell you that it is probably not ALL the way down the drain and a lost cause and hopefully, your precious bling is trapped within the pipes just underneath your sink. (By the way, if you lost your ring while the water was on…TURN IT OFF!) Here is how to get your diamond ring out of the drain.
How To Get Your Diamond Ring Out Of The Drain in Five Steps
What you might have seen before under your sink are the pipes that come from the drain and curve into the wall. The pipes curve and make what looks like a “P”. This is called a “P-trap”. The P-trap is designed to keep sewer gases from coming up and to get your diamond ring out of the drain. Here is what you will need to do.
- Like I mentioned, there is a “P” shaped pipe under your sink. But first, you will need to grab a bucket and put it under the piping to catch extra water that is sitting in the “P” part of the pipes.
2. After you place your bucket, you can go ahead and unscrew the pipe fitting on the shaft of the “P”.
3. Next, you can unscrew the other fitting of the “P” pipe. If the fittings are too tight you can grab some channel locks to help unscrew it. But, do it very carefully.
4. As it loosens, the water may start to drip into your bucket. And when it is totally off, you can dump the rest of the water in the bucket. You could find a clog forming in the “P” as well. Go ahead and clean that out.
5. Lastly and hopefully, how to get your diamond ring your ring should come out of the “P” shaped pipe. Go ahead and put the ring on and put the P-trap back on.
My Diamond Ring Didn’t Come Out After The Five Steps
If your ring did not come out. First, grab a flashlight and make sure the ring is not caught in the top of the drain on something related to the water stopper. If you do not feel comfortable doing this job by yourself. DO NOT WORRY!
Call a Licensed Plumber
Carter’s My Plumber can be there to check and get your wedding ring out of the drain. If you consider it an emergency and it is after hours. We do have emergency after hours! Here at Carter’s My Plumber, we are committed to meeting the needs of our customers. We are knowledgeable, friendly, and will always give you a price before any work begins. Don’t hesitate to give us a call today @ 317-859-9999 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to send a licensed professional. We are here for you and hope you will entrust us with your plumbing needs.