Pink, Pink, Pink you will see lots of people sporting this color in support of Breast Cancer Awareness month! People are on the move and using creative ways to support and raise awareness of this disease! Below you will find statistics about breast cancer and some ways that we can all support Breast Cancer Awareness!
Give Me The Stats!
1. One in Eight women in the US (12.4%) will have invasive breast cancer in her lifetime
2. 266,120 new invasive cases of breast cancer have been found in 2018 and 63,960 non-invasive cases
3. If a women’s first-degree relative has had breast cancer, her risk chances double
4. It is estimated that 252, 710 women in the US will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 40,500 will die from the disease
5. Though breast cancer is rare in men, 2,470 will be diagnosed each year and 460 men will die from breast cancer each year
6. Every 2 minutes in the US, a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer
7. Every 13 minutes, a woman dies from breast cancer
8. 3.3 million breast cancer survivors live in the US today!
With numbers like these, Carter’s My Plumber supports Breast Cancer Awareness!
Susan G. Komen x Carter’s My Plumber
Carter’s My Plumber is honored this year to take part in donating to the Susan G. Komen Organization. Susan G. Komen is a non-profit that was started by Nancy G. Brinker in 1980. Brinker’s sister, Susan, was dying from breast cancer when Brinker promised she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer. In 1982, the Susan G. Komen foundation was born. Brinker started with $200 and a shoebox full of potential donor names. Fast forward to now, Susan G. Komen has invested $2.9 billion in groundbreaking research, community health outreach, advocacy, and programs more than 60 countries. Their efforts have reduced death from this disease by 38% between the years of 1989 and 2014.
1. Lead by example: Schedule a mammogram! Early detection saves lives
2. Encourage: Encourage others to get their screenings. Create a support system they can rely on!
3. Public Awareness in Your Community: Wear your symbolic pink ribbon with pride. This is one of the easiest ways to get the message out!
4. Eat Drink PINK: Many places around support this at their restaurants in the month of October. Show your support and indulge.
5. Social Media Awareness: With 2.8 billion active social media users you can use social media to show your support!
6. Fundraising Walks: Join events like Komen’s Race for a Cure, and Light the Night. Check out what walks are in your city.
7. Volunteer: There are countless amounts of charities that support and raise money for Breast Cancer Awareness. Start with the American Cancer Society, they have several programs where they need volunteers to help!
8. Shop: JCPenney purchases in the month of October lets you round your purchase to the nearest dollar to donate to Breast Cancer. To learn more about this cause, click here!
Why Does Carter’s My Plumber Support Breast Cancer Awareness?
Cancer and Breast Cancer are near and dear to the families of Carter’s My Plumber. Nearly the entire staff has been affected by the disease. One way Carter’s helps support is with the big pink truck! The Pink Truck at Carter’s My Plumber is a symbol of support for all cancer types. The plumbers of Carter’s also sport pink all October long, some all year long. Carter’s also takes donations for the cause.
Carter’s My Plumber
Carter’s My Plumber is more than just a plumbing company and place of business! It is important to us that our customers realize the importance of these organizations, and they are depending on the generosity of others to carry out their work! Together we can make a difference in the world we live!! We love placing a smile on the faces around us.